new kernel 2.6.6-1.427 - stops on probing new hardware

Etanisla Lopez-Ortiz fc2box at etanisla.com
Sun Jun 13 00:19:23 UTC 2004

On Saturday 12 June 2004 10:00, Etanisla Lopez-Ortiz wrote:

> if I find something, I'll let you know.

Found something. If I edit /etc/sysconfig/kudzu and set "SAFE=yes", then I can
boot into the old 2.6.5-1.358, also into the new 2.6.6-1.427, without
completely disabling Kudzu, and without going into Interactive Bootup.

In the old kernel, there are no problems, all programs work as expected, and
no data has been lost. (Except my printer is still missing, but I suspect
that is another problem.) But. When in the new kernel, the Internet is
realllll slooowwww, and all sounds are repeated at least five times.

Remember the old egg-in-frying-pan-this-is-your-brain-on-drugs commercial? The
old kernel is your brain without drugs. The new kernel is your brain on
drugs.

Still digging for more info, but at least I can fall back on the old one for
now.

HTH

--Etanisla