RH 9 to FC1/FC2 and some questions

Ben Brown xthor at xthorsworld.com
Sun Jun 13 05:32:17 UTC 2004

Sanjay:

Before someone else says it, I guess I will - If you want your post to
be noticed, don't "hijack" another thread. I am guessing that you hit
reply to another message, changed the subject line, and cleared the
message body before sending. Due to the email headers, Evolution (and
any other e-mail client that supports threads) shows this message as a
reply to the "faded text in fedora-list digest". Had you simply composed
a new message to the list, it would have showed up as a new thread, at
the top of my message list.

Hopefully I didn't over-explain it to you. Just FYI, on to your
questions now.

I currently use FC1 on all production servers at my day job, as well as
production servers for my consulting clients. It does everything from
HTTP proxy to firewalls & IDS to running a clustered web application. I
have yet to see a system crash or malfunction because of instability or
software error (at least, any software that came with Fedora).

We're not talking a trivial number of servers, either... I manage 32 of
them. :)

Hopefully that helps you make a decision.

--
--------
Ben Brown
xthor at xthorsworld.com