Xine under Fedora Core 2

Ian Hilliard i.hilliard at hilliardtech.com
Sun Jun 13 12:05:35 UTC 2004

Has anyone been able to get xine / kaffeine running under Fedora Core 2.
I have been looking at the problem for a couple of days now. The problem
appears to be with accessing the DVD drive. Mplayer on the other hand
has no problems.

I'm sure that I am just missing something. I first installed fedora over
my RH9 installation and xine worked very well. Unfortunately the
installation was such a train wreck in so many other areas. Now kaffeine
believes that it has insufficient rights to access the drive although ls
-l indicates that /dev/hdc is brw------- . I figure that should be
sufficient.

Does anyone have an idea where else to look for the problem?

Ian