DHCP for multiple subnets (was: Re: Routing and bandwidth problem)

Matt . slowbart at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 13 12:25:57 UTC 2004

I didn't see the start of this thread, but here's my $0.02 ...

The DHCP server shouldn't care what interface the request came in on, rather
it looks at the source network of the request.

So you server could support many different ranges, provided there was
suitable separation (i.e. a router) between the subnets and the server.

In your case, the server is acting as the router, but having separate
interfaces on the server itself is not a requirement (of any DHCP server I
know of)

regards,
Matt.