p2p stop

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Sun Jun 13 16:37:04 UTC 2004

On Sunday 13 June 2004 11:02, Janez Košmrlj wrote:
> I have fc1 installed as a router and i would like to stop p2p
> networking (e-mule, kazaa, ...).
> Does anyone hawe an idea how to do this??

These can be difficult to stop. There are a few projects cropping up
to help administrators erect firewalls to stop this traffic, for
example, http://www.lowth.com/p2pwall/ftwall/ . Also, a strong
company policy with some teeth can add some leverage to help deter
employees from intentionally using this software.

A whitepaper; http://documents.iss.net/whitepapers/X-Force_P2P.pdf
discusses some of the features and countermeasures for these and
other programs including a few Instant Messenger variants.

Regards,  Mike Klinke