[FC2] PCMCIA network cards starting on boot

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sun Jun 13 19:31:00 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-13 at 15:11, William Hooper wrote:
> Scot L. Harris said:
>
> > Sounds like this has been a problem for awhile now.  So far there are
> > workarounds for this but not a solution IMHO.
>
> Setting "ONBOOT=no" isn't a workaround, it is the correct configuration.
>
> --
> William Hooper

I call that a workaround.  It is counter intuitive to set something NOT
to run on boot and yet have it run on boot.  Besides if you tell it you
want it to run on boot and you mark it as such it fails to run.

That is a bug.  And on the off chance you do have multiple pcmcia
network interfaces you have use another workaround to choose which card
you want to have run at boot, namely pull the card you don't want to
have running.  All of that is a workaround, not a fix or correct
configuration.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Since aerosols are forbidden, the police are using roll-on Mace!