Help - Can't perform NFS mount w/ Fedora Core 2

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Mon Jun 14 05:34:26 UTC 2004

Serge de Souza wrote:

> Are you using a custom kernel ?
>

> Edward Hourigan wrote:
>
>> I have not been able to perform an NFS mount since installing FC2.
>> My NFS server machine
>> is the one running FC2.
>>
>> The client machine is not fedora.  It is running a Knoppix
>> distribution using a 2.4.24 kernel.
>> The client machine's ip number is xxx.xxx.xxx.102  and the NFS
>> version is 3.
>> On the client machine (102) I get:
>>
>> root at XXX:/home/ed#  mount dell:/data /mnt/dell/data
>> mount: dell:/data failed, reason given by server: Permission denied

Just a guess: are all the RPC services enabled? Check to see if portmap
, nfsd , nfslock are running (there are other RPC services too.. dont
know their name..) .. I've had some issues and then I found out that one
of the services was disabled.. Also check you firewall (if you have one).

--
Pedro Macedo