update fedora core 1 to fedora core 2

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Mon Jun 14 08:18:23 UTC 2004

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 jgalvez at infortesa.com wrote:

> Hi i have fedora core 1 and i would like to update to fedora core 2 but i'm
> trying to update apt-get dist-upgrade and gives a lot of error after
> downloading 40 mb.

Impossible to say since you don't mention any exact error messages you
got.

> Anyone can tell me another way to update?.

The official way to upgrade from FC release to another is by using
anaconda. Yum and apt can be used for the purpose as well with certain
limitations (they do not have the magic to convert LVM to 2.6 kernel style
etc like anaconda does).

	- Panu -