how do we setup squid?

bryan at redfedora.co.uk bryan at redfedora.co.uk
Mon Jun 14 11:07:26 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "david" <davidh at niitsa.com>
To: <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 11:07 AM
Subject: how do we setup squid?

> Hi there,
>

> could any1 pls tell me how to set up squid as a proxy server?
> i hav started the squid service under services.
> what do I do next? Or where can I set it up?

It's all controlled by the squid.conf file, if you take a peek in etc/squid
you'll see it in there. Read through the sample one then make the
alterations you need and restart the service. Bingo your in business.

I use it at work as a proxy for all the windows machines and it really works
well so it's well worth the effort getting it up and running.

Here's a quick link that will give you a leg up to get it functioning.

http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2001/07/26/squid.html

Bryan