tail of two scsis

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 14 16:20:42 UTC 2004

From: "Jose Luis Ricardo Chavez" <ricardo at irsamc.ups-tlse.fr>
> Richard Emberson wrote:
>
> > Jose Luis Ricardo Chavez wrote:

> >> Ok, you have three disks, the boot disk is permanently connected and
> >> you connect
> >> disk A or B when needed. Is the SCSI BIOS detecting disk B?
> >

> > No.
> > It detects disk A (disk B not connected) but not disk B (disk A not
> > connected).
> > The boot disk in both cases is detected.
> >

> >> - Jose Luis
> >>

> Well, it seems disk B is damaged.

Or as someone else commented here he is installing the B drive at the end
of the cable and it is not terminated.

SCSI terminations are critical. You need ONE termination at EACH END of
the SCSI chain. If the chain extends both inside the machine and outside
the machine you still need terminations at the two ends of the chain and
the controller needs to be unterminated. You also MUST install drives or
terminations on the last connectors on the SCSI chain, not somewhere in
the middle.

{^_^}