enable DNS

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Mon Jun 14 18:06:53 UTC 2004

At 11:17 6/14/2004, Nina Pham wrote:
>I forgot what command  which show the openned port.  I want to see if
>port 80 is opening or not.

If you do something like "netstat -leanp | grep 80" you should see whether
Apache is listening on that port or not. However, the firewall may still be
blocking that port; check your iptables configuration to make sure.

By the way, you should start a "new message" when asking a new question, so
the mailing list and people know it is a new conversation. By replying to
the "enable DNS" thread, you continue that conversation and many people who
might have been able to help you may not even see it. This is known as
"hijacking a thread" and is a bad habit. Always start with a new message
when starting a new conversation; replying is to continue a previous
conversation.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz