DHCP for multiple subnets (was: Re: Routing and bandwidth problem)

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Mon Jun 14 18:15:15 UTC 2004

At 11:35 6/14/2004, Craig White wrote:
>I think that the maintainers have required a configuration section for
>all interfaces 'seen' by dhcpd whereas Red Hat, has allowed options in
>/etc/sysconfig/dhcpd, which are applied as arguments to the launch of
>the dhcpd daemon by the init.d script which allow you to designate which
>interfaces are 'seen'. Thus, if you configure only specific interfaces
>in /etc/sysconfig/dhcpd, then you only need refer to those interfaces in
>/etc/dhcpd.conf

Seems like an excellent explanation. Now that I know that having all
subnets mentioned in dhcpd.conf *could* be a good thing, and *can't* be a
bad thing, I'm going to stick with putting my interfaces in
/etc/sysconfig/dhcpd.conf and *also* specifying all subnets in dhcpd.conf.
Less chance of a mistake or misconfiguration that way.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com