New Fedora Core 2 Kernel.

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Tue Jun 15 00:24:12 UTC 2004

Carles Xavier Munyoz Baldó wrote:

>Hi,
>I have downloaded and installed the new Fedora Core 2 Kernel.
>After check that all goes fine with this new kernel, I have tried to setup it
>as the default boot up kernel running the command:
>gurb-install /dev/md0
>
>I have to IDE disks with RAID-1 (mirroring).
>
>Then problem is that now, when I try to boot my computer appears the next
>messages continuosly:
>GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB
>GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB
>
>What Have I done bad ?
>Is it possible to repair this ?
>How ?
>How must I install the new kernel in my RAID-1 setup ?

Now that you have to reinstall grub , I believe that for raid , you have
to install grub on the device , not on the metadevice... I remmember
installing grub on /dev/hdb when a raid 1 failed at work... You can try
to do a grub-install /dev/hda , if hda is a member of the metadevice...

--
Pedro Macedo