update to kernel-2.6.6-1.427 doesn't change grub default kernel

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Tue Jun 15 11:43:07 UTC 2004

On Jun 14, 2004 at 14:44, Marc Williams in a soothing rage wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 06:57:33 -0500, Jeff Vian wrote:
>> Bill Beeman wrote:
>>>"Marc Williams" <marcw at onlymooo.com> wrote in message
>>>news:pan.2004.06.11.23.27.56.521499 at onlymooo.com... On Sat, 12 Jun 2004

>>>I noticed the same thing using up2date.
>>>Edit grub.conf and set default=0
>>>
>> I don't use up2date, but yum does it correctly and sets the new kernel as
>> the default.
>
>I just did another kernel update (the new 435 kernel) using up2date and
>once again the new kernel was not made the default.  I'll have to edit
>grub.conf once again.
>
>I wonder if there's something wrong with up2date?  This never used to
>happen with FC1...
Well in all the time I have used up2date and rpm, whenever I
install a kernel, it was never made the default. I think this
is the way to go. If I need a specific kernel as default, I
can set it myself.

N.Emile...
After all my erstwhile dear,
My no longer cherished,
Need we say it was not love,
Just because it perished?
		-- Edna St. Vincent Millay
 07:40:34  up 4 days,  1:13,  5 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00