Kernel error, after shutdowning ppp device

Jason Dravet dravet at calumet.purdue.edu
Tue Jun 15 15:05:56 UTC 2004

I am having a problem with ppp too.  When I do a /etc/ppp/ppp-off something
happens and I am not able to reconnect to the ISP without rebooting.  After
I do a /etc/ppp/ppp-off, I did a ps -A and pppd was still running.  I was
able to kill -9 it, but I am still unable to connect to my ISP until I
reboot.  I am running kernel 2.6.5-1.358.i686.  I will post the relevant
parts of my /var/log/messages later.

Jason

Message: 2