Single NIC multiple configurations

Charles E Taylor IV tomalek at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 15 15:57:37 UTC 2004

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 13:53:28 -0400
"Christopher K. Johnson" <ckjohnson at gwi.net> wrote:

> Use multiple network profiles as configured via system-config-network on
>
> FC2 or redhat-config-network on FC1.
> I.E. create a home profile and a work profile and put different named
> inteface configurations that may use the same device (eth0) in, and have
>
> one active in home profile, and one active in work profile.
> Edit /boot/grub/grub.conf duplicating the entire entry for your
> preferred boot choice, then add "netprofile=home" to the kernel line on
> one, and "netprofile=work" to the other.

Does this solution require rebooting the machine between home and work?
If the OP's needs are like mine, I never reboot the laptop.  I use
suspend-to-RAM and resume when moving between work and home.  A solution
involving rebooting is less than optimal.

I don't currently have the OP's problem right now, because dhcp handles
everything.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek at mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!