Fedora Core 2 Update: kernel-2.6.6-1.435

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Tue Jun 15 22:56:18 UTC 2004

Jeff Spaleta wrote:

>Hmm....can someone out in the community prototype this cronjob idea up.
>The logic of this could easily be extended the extra step so that this
>could be implemented outside of fedora.redhat.com at a community
>mirrorlist location
>for testing.  I'm more than willing to reconfig my up2date on one of
>my fc2 boxes
>to use alternative yum-mirror entries.
>
>One concern I have is the policy contraints around doing a dynamic
>cronjob on the master server. Technically, this could be done, but I
>am unsure of the policy surrounding the server setup and whether a
>dynamic cronjob is even allowed. But there is no reason why someone
>out in the community couldn't test and implement this cronjob idea and
>provide an alternative mirror-list location to see if this works.
>
>-jef

Jeff , dont tease me please ... now I want to implement this ;)
I'll give it a shot maybe tomorrow (I can leave it running on any
computer on the university where I study and make it create a file on my
web page).

I believe that's not necessary to create a dynamic cronjob.. just a
static one is enough.. maybe if the script checks first locally to see
if there is any new file , then it starts checking the mirrors, using a
text file as input....

Well, I'll try to make something today or tomorrow and I'll post when I
have a prototype working.

--
Pedro Macedo