Mozilla gif rendering utilizes 100% cpu?

T. 'Nifty New Hat' Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 16 01:50:04 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 12:53:49AM -0700, Vibol Hou wrote:

> Does anyone have this particular page slowing their system down to a
> crawl in Mozilla?  I tried the same page in Opera and it works fine.
> System isn't choppy.
>
> http://www.khmer.cc/community/t.c?b=12&t=17104
>
> It's work-safe, just a bunch of animated gifs of science stuff.

Do some Google searches on compression bombs,
in this mailing list and others.

Some of the images are larger than the image size
that the HTML specifies for them.

Since many of the images are remote it is not possible to generate a
preview without some tinkering.  It would be nice if it was organized
so 120 images from 40+ different sites or so were not all on one page.
But it is a bulletin board of sorts that has no central author.
Hmmmm....  that is what forward and back buttons on pages are for.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l