[FC2] Automatically starting xmodmap

Steffen Kluge kluge at fujitsu.com.au
Wed Jun 16 10:50:59 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 11:07, Jean Calixte wrote:
> I use the command
>
> xmodmap -e "add mod3 = Super_L"
>
> to map the Windows key to a few keyboard shortcuts. I'm annoyed at the
> fact that I have to run this command manually to get the key to map. Is
> there a file I can edit to set up which commands I want to run at system
> startup? I'm also using the Gnome environment.

In RedHat releases up to 9 (and may be FC1) you used to stick those
commands into ~/.Xmodmap, which was read by /etc/X11/gdm/Xsession. Alas,
in FC2 this file doesn't exist anymore, the X session is setup somehow
differently.

However, /etc/X11/gdm/Init/Default loads /etc/X11/Xmodmap, so you might
try to put your xmodmap commands there.

Alternatively, you might want to play with gnome-keyboard-properties to
see whether it gives you what you want...

Cheers
Steffen.