FC2 and Radeon Driver

Adam J Watson magius at warpdgfx.com
Wed Jun 16 13:47:43 UTC 2004

I'm using FC2 with the latest fglrx driver for radeon cards.  Everything gets
detected okay, but when I try to run GL apps like glxgears it runs for about
20 seconds then X locks up.  2D seems to work fine.  fgl_glxgears gives me
frame rates of around 230-280 fps.  glxgears reports 1100+ fps.  glxinfo
reports DRI is enabled.

I followed all the directions in the forums but still I have the same problem.
Could someone lead me in the right direction.  I desperately want to get my
winex and Neverwinter Nights (linux client) back up and running.

Using: AMD Athlon-XP 2400+/1 GB RAM/256MB 3x AGP Radeon 9200se (off brand:
Saphire)/SOYO KT600 Dragon Plus V1.0 Motherboard (Via chipset)

Latest FC2 updates and fglrx-4.3.0-3.9.0.rpm with the fglrx-3.9.0-fc2.patch
install as well as the patch from
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-June/msg00945.html

Logs can be provided upon request.

Adam