wireless pcmcia

Don Russell don at drussell.dnsalias.com
Wed Jun 16 15:30:53 UTC 2004

Nejc Novak said:
> Hello!
>
> I have a Linksys WPC54G PCMCIA card. This card supports 802.11g and b
> standard. I can't get it working. I've pluged it in my laptop but dmesg
> doesn't show anything. Anyone has this card or do you have any advice?
>
> Thanks for your help.

I have the same card... :-)
My first advice is to contact support at linksys.com asking for Linux drivers.

They don't have any, but do for their WPC11 card... When I spoke to tech
support, they said they have no Linux drivers for the 54G card, and they
asked me to send an e-mail asking about it... That's the tool THEY need to
show management it's worth doing...

ok... NOW THAT YOU'VE SENT THAT E-MAIL... :-)
The short term/immediate solution is to use ndiswrapper which lets you use
the Windows driver... that's alll I know, I haven't got it to work (the
install of ndiswrapper choked) and I haen't made the time to research
it... others report great success.... so... YMMV. :-)