IBM Bladecenter and Fedora Core 2

Benji Spencer ben.spencer at moody.edu
Wed Jun 16 18:34:54 UTC 2004

Hello

We seem to be having a problem installing FC2 on the IBM bladecenter. While
it isn't apparent as to what may be causing the problem, it seems like it
may be related to the USB.

Here is a brief overview of what is happening. I am not performing these
myself, but rather received the information second hand.

The CD is inserted and booted. It gives the welcome screen where and lets
you select the text or graphics modes (this error doesn't seem to be
dependant upon one or the other). After a bit, it will pop up a little
message about USB being enabled (guessing that the keyboard and mouse
actually look like USB connections to the blade?). The message goes away
and is left with nothing but a blue screen with the options at the bottom
for navigation and the Fedora logo. When switching to the other terminals
(alt F keys), there are message about the USB modules being loaded -- but
no errors.

Has anyone installed FC2 on the Bladecenter or has experienced something
like the above before?

Thanks
benji