FC2 install/upgrade problem

patemery at emerynet.net patemery at emerynet.net
Thu Jun 17 02:19:10 UTC 2004

I have RedHat 7.2 on a system and it is a functioning stable system. I wish
to upgrade to FC2 but I'm getting an error before the installation even gets
started. I'm getting the following error.

<quote>
Duplicate Labels

Multiple devices on your system are labelled /. Labels across devices must be
unique for system to function properly.

Please fix this problem and restart the installation process.
</quote>

I checked my fstab and I don't see the offending duplicate labels. Does
anyone have any suggestions? Here is my fstab

[pat at heart core2]$ more /etc/fstab
/dev/hda2               /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
/dev/hdc2               /mnt/data1              ext2    defaults        0 2
/dev/hdd1               /mnt/data2              ext2    defaults        0 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/hda3               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
\\dad\cdrive            /mnt/dad                smb     noauto,user,rw  0 0
\\dad\jukebox           /mnt/jukebox            smb     noauto,users,rw 0 0

Thanks,
Pat