IBM Bladecenter and Fedora Core 2

Fred Kroeger fkroeger at iinet.net.au
Thu Jun 17 15:00:02 UTC 2004

Benji - I installed FC2 without a hitch on an IBM Bladecentre (The blade
server is a single CPU, single disk model). I selected the buttons for
the monitor & CDROM, powered up the blade & it found the CD & displayed
the install messages to the screen.  I configured both network
interfaces OK.  It installed the SMP kernel as well.

Pleased with my success I am now trying to duplicate my efforts on our
Production Blades.  These have 2 CPU's and 2 disks on board.  The snag I
have hit is that it uses a MegaRAID IDE controller.  When I go to
partition the disk it displays a message stating that there were no
disks found.

Regards...   Fred Kroeger