Master DNS issue with fedora

itelephone itelephone at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 18 01:31:01 UTC 2004

Hi, All

I am using Redhat fedora core 1, it seems my dns server does not working with BIND Gui interface . If I configured the server using gui it does not updates the the records to named.conf file. but it creates the zone file at /var/named/abc.zone... example.

Well, I have seen the info on bind configuration in redhat website, they advised not make any changes on named.conf file. but can make changes named.custom file.

If I change the named.custom file , will  it work ? If anyone who may help me to send some info will be great help, how to configure DNS master server on FEDORA REDHAT CORE 1 without using the GUI interface.

Thanks/Regards
William