Subject: Re: Recommended Video Card

Alan McMahon pam at indicia.co.uk
Fri Jun 18 09:19:11 UTC 2004

Quote “I recommend you don’t use NVidia”
That’s interesting. I recommend you don’t use ATI. Please see this
thread:
HYPERLINK
"http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16690&page=1&pp=15"ht
tp://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16690&page=1&pp=15
among many, many more. ATI have a very limited commitment to Linux, no
support to speak off, and there’s an army of newbees out there tearing
their own ears off trying to get X on their screens.
All that I read – and that’s been a lot in my peregrinations trying to
get FC2 and ATI to fuse, is that NVidia has a far greater commitment to
Linux than ATI and that their drivers are less  grief.

Alan McMahon
HYPERLINK "mailto:pam at indicia.co.ukt"pam at indicia.co.uk
t. 020 8354 1001
f. 020 8354 1002