acpi suspend on radeon with FC2 frustration...

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Fri Jun 18 14:56:18 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 15:47, Aaron Bennett wrote:
> > I'm going crazy trying to find a real way to make a Dell Latitude D600
> > suspend with FC2 and acpi...
>

> ok, I'm still going crazy and I now have a complete QWERTY keyboard
> layout imprinted on my forehead; however I have some more results:
>
> however, if I do:
>
> /sbin/rmmod th3
> /sbin/rmmod ehci_hcd
>
> before sleep, it will go to sleep -- lcd shuts off and everything.
> However, when it wakes up the screen is covered with a strange
> fractal-like blur and that doens't go away without a power cycle.

Sorry I still haven't posted to fedora-test yet. The half-written post
is sitting in my Drafts folder. I'm temporarily swamped with Real Life
stuff (the result of not doing any work on Wednesday whilst attempting
to read everything I could find on ACPI and Linux on Dell laptops).
Saturday I'm going to a wedding so I'm not going out tonight, so I
promise I'll get that post finished this evening.

> Does anyone know about this myserious "make radeon not suck under x" patch?

Sorry, nope. I've got an NVidia (GeForce 440 Go) anyway.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren at dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com