[FC2] - AVM Fritz card not recognized

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Jun 18 15:26:12 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 18.06.2004 schrieb antonio montagnani um 16:50:

> maybe that the card is not eth2, the questions are:
>
> 1) why was it installed by Fedora 1 as alias eth2 hisax

Don't know, a bug? Did you check bugzilla before posting?

> 2) why was it recognized in browser hardware??

As it is a PCI hardware and recognized by the system? Why should it not
be listed?

> 3) and what shall I have to to (I guess to delete such entry in
> modprobe.conf and reboot??)

>  Antonio Montagnani

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/getting-started-guide/ch-ppp.html

For quite a long time I did not play with my Fritz ISDN card using the
Redhat/Fedora GUI tools. So I can't say what they do when using the
"ISDN card" option to be seen on the screenshot in above manual.

Instead of using HiSaX I am using the AVM Capi module, because I am
using the Fritz Card for the HylaFax fax server. IIRC you have to know
whether your Fritz card is version 1 or version 2 to choose the proper
driver. The device is set up in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ippp0.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435
Serendipity 17:18:08 up 3 days, 13:45, load average: 0.46, 0.37, 0.36