Sensor Alerts

Randy Ramsdell rramsdel at comcast.net
Fri Jun 18 23:09:20 UTC 2004

Hannes Mayer wrote:

> David Cary Hart wrote:
>
>> Assuming that GKrellm detects and reports CPU temperatures that are
>> reasonably accurate, can someone opine on an acceptable range for a P4?
>>

> I was just wondering about the same issue, since my CPU temp goes up
> to 60C when compiling stuff.
> I found this:
> http://www.3degs.net/index.php?page=weblinks&dsn1=nav_weblinks
>
> Link to Intel -> I found a max. temp of 72 for my P4/1.4
>
> When my machine is idle the temp goes down to about 48C
>
> Cheers,
> Hannes.

You might be able to look in your bios for anything realted. My bios has
a section that print sensor values.

I have:

p4 / 3Ghz. oc'd to 3.16 Ghz

unloaded: my cpu temp is 29-32 C.
Full load (After an hour of UT2004) : cpu temp goes as high as 45C

You can get programs to full load the cpu and check your temps during test.

Also, I would try to add fans or check the cpu heatsink so your temps
would be lower.