Fedora Core 2 Update: kernel-2.6.6-1.435

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 01:19:09 UTC 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 22:11:51 -0300, Pedro Fernandes Macedo
<webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br> wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 17:46, Pedro Fernandes Macedo wrote:
> > Thx for the tip. When I was comming back from the university, I had a
> > few extra ideas for both input and output for this script and this was
> > one of them (but I forgot to write them down , so I forgot almost
> > everything :D )
>
> OK. The script is ready. And I didnt like the output I had... Checking
> all the http mirrors listed in the mirror list in fedora.redhat.com ,
> the results were amazing.
> A huge part of the mirrors failed to have the updates for x86_64 and a
> few failed to have the updates for i386. This can be eiter a simple
> timeout or the file itself didnt exist and then the mirror was
> considered incomplete.

Anyway you can produce some sort of output that captures these mirror
by mirror errors?
The idea being...can this tool not only be a tool for end-users
looking for good mirrors...but also a tool that mirror admins can use
as a way to find and correct problems.

-jef