updating fedora 1 > 2

javac javac javac at mail.com
Sat Jun 19 20:10:42 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: James Wilkinson <james at westexe.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 11:08:38 +0100
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: updating fedora 1 > 2

> javac javac wrote:
> > what exactly is the difference between FC1 and FC2?  surely only a few
> > files change...but which ones?
>
> No, there are *massive* amounts of changes. You've got a new version of
> the kernel, a new version of GNOME, a new security framework (SELinux),
> and practically every other package has been updated.
[..]

I asked because I'd like Fedora to ask me if I'd like to upgrade to FC2, and then do it with one click if I agree.  guess that's not gonna happen ;)

I'll take a closer look at up2date..any pointers on how keep "up to date" painlessly?

thanks,

javac at mail dot com

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm