No sound after upgrade fc1 to fc2

Mark Eggers mdeggers at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 20 02:09:28 UTC 2004

> The volume controls in kmix (GUI) seemed to work once I un-muted
> everything with alsamixer.  How all devices became muted (set to
> '[Off]') is beyond me. It would be nice if the sound card detection
> utility could notify the user that some/all devices are muted.  Or, at
> the very least, inform the user about alsamixer.  I tried sndconfig,
> which apparently no longer works.

This is the default behavior for ALSA.  You can either use the
curses-based alsamixer or the GUI gnome-alsamixer to unmute the
channels.

ALSA is the standard sound interface for 2.6.x kernels.  For more
information about ALSA, see the project page at:

http://www.alsa-project.org/

/mde/
just my two cents . . . .