opinions on replacing vsftpd with proftpd?

Aly Dharshi aly.dharshi at telus.net
Sun Jun 20 17:44:11 UTC 2004

> FTP is in the same class as TELNET... obsolete, redundant, less secure,
> etc... :)

	I think that with ftp+ssl it would be slightly more secure that it used
to be, aka plain text. I would think that any security site conscious
site would want to use ssh based stuff, but for a plain transfer of
files such as iso's or putting stuff up on a site ftp+ssl combo would do
the trick.

	There are many ftp clients out there, many free, but very few scp/sftp
clients.

	Cheers,

	Aly.

--