Linuxconf replaced by what?

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 21 12:40:57 UTC 2004

Hugh Foster wrote:
> I'm configuring a text-only box with Fedora, and am struggling to find the
> command-line tools. Under RH it was linuxconf - I know that's been done away
> with, what's its replacement called please?

Look at system-* (or redhat-* on FC1).

There may not be an exact equivalent for what you want to do: Linuxconf
was *very* broken with respect to sendmail, at least.

If you have any particular queries, ask again.

James.

--
E-mail address: james@ | Which do you consider was the stronger swimmer,
westexe.demon.co.uk    | (a) The Spanish Armadillo,