apmsleep

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Jun 21 13:18:09 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 21.06.2004 schrieb Globe Trotter um 7:03:

> I want to put my laptop to sleep till when I next need to use it. As I
> understood it, apmsleep needs a specific time-frame to put the laptop sleep.
> Does anyone know the command to use if I want to leave the time for the laptop
> sleep to be undetermined?

Is your laptop not ACPI ready? ACPI is more powerful than APM and knows
about different states like S3.

You may search for the linux on laptop site in google and have a look
there whether other user share their experience with your type of laptop
there.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435
Serendipity 15:15:56 up 1 day, 21:03, load average: 0.36, 0.52, 1.07