burner disappears after update kernel

Marc Wijtkamp marc at linuxpro.nl
Mon Jun 21 15:43:16 UTC 2004

Sadly enough, dmesg says:

ide1: BM-DMA at 0xf008-0xf00f, BIOS settings: hdc:DMA, hdd:DMA
hdd: _NEC DVD_RW ND-2500A, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive

but cdrecord tells:
scsidev: '/dev/hdd'
devname: '/dev/hdd'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Warning: Open by 'devname' is unintentional and not supported.
cdrecord: No such device or address. Cannot open '/dev/hdd'. Cannot open
SCSI driver.

Suggestions are more than welcome...