Is ipop3d part of the imap-2002d rpm?

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Jun 21 17:05:07 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 21.06.2004 schrieb Scot L. Harris um 17:12:

> I need to get a version of ipop3d loaded on an FC2 system.  This is
> needed to support the vhost software so using dovecot does not appear to
> provide an answer.
>
> I think what is needed is to rebuild from the source rpm the imap-2002d
> package from FC1.  I think that has the ipop3d program in it.

Right. Until FC1 the POP3 daemon provided by uw-imapd was controlled by
the xinetd.

$ grep ipop3 /etc/xinetd.d/ipop3
        server                  = /usr/sbin/ipop3d

$ rpm -qf /usr/sbin/ipop3d
imap-2002d-3

> Is this the correct package and are there any problems running such a
> package rebuilt under FC2 on an FC2 system?

I think at least one person here on the list said that he had "rpmbuild
--rebuild" the imap-2002d source rpm successfully on FC2 to get back the
uw-imapd.

> Scot L. Harris

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435
Serendipity 19:00:15 up 2 days, 47 users, load average: 0.23, 0.23,