FC2 on a HP Pavilion zd7065

Hamilton, David (HPS) david.hamilton3 at hp.com
Tue Jun 22 08:09:09 UTC 2004

I installed this last night, and have had two main problems:

1.  Even though it correctly identifies the LCD as 1440x900, it won't
let me set this as my x.org resolution.
    I tried editing the conf file in /etc/X11, but adding the 1440x900
entry to the file before the 1024x768 didn't seem to make any
difference, even after a reboot.  It just seems to ignore it.
    How can I check exactly which resolution it is using?

2.  Is the broadcom wireless supported?
    The button which activates the wireless under windows doesn't have
any effect under Linux.
    Do I need to set up a keymap?
    Do I just need to load the prism54 driver?

I don't have the laptop in work, so any ideas can be tried out
tonight... I only just spotted the prism54 driver myself.

Thanks,
    David.