KDE taskbar spoadically hangs

Botond Kardos Botond.Kardos at essnet.se
Tue Jun 22 09:39:09 UTC 2004

    Hi All,
    I'm using FC2 (from a fresh install) and currently every RPM is
updated. The virtual desktop switcher sometimes ignores mouse klicks,
sometimes the whole panel (including panel menu, shortcuts, taskbar)
hangs. Only the panel hangs, it doesn't influence the behavior of the
window manager (Alt-Tab keeps on working). After a couples of minutes
the panel recovers without intervention and catches up with the ignored
mouse clicks.
    I have a Dell Optiplex GX260 with i845 chipset, but I don't think
the HW environment would matter because KDE and X is working perfectly
during the panel hangings.
    Where can I get logs about what's happening?
    Cheers,
    Botond