pam_succeed_if: requirement "uid < 100" not met by user

Simon Wood simonw at terabyte-computing.com
Tue Jun 22 12:38:18 UTC 2004

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Jacob Garder wrote:

        As I understand it, the message:
        pam_succeed_if: requirement "uid < 100" not met by user XXXX
        is not an error, just extra verbose information from PAM, right?
        How can I set the logging level lower, so I get rid of these
        messages?
I suppose I could delete the line:
account     sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_succeed_if.so uid < 100
in the file /etc/pam.d/system-auth, but what other effects might that
have? Why is it there in the first place (it was not in RH9)?

/jacob

I couldn't login using LDAP, but once I removed this line everything was
fine again.

Simon Wood