Ctrl G doesn't sound the bell in FC2

Bob Chiodini chiodr at kscems.ksc.nasa.gov
Tue Jun 22 16:06:17 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 10:47, Ted Gervais wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 11:39, HaJo Schatz wrote:

> > After a reboot, that is.
>
> Ooops.  I didn't do that.  I just ran it on the command line.  And the
> bell didn't work.
>

> > > I also can't hear the bell and put in 'modprobe pcspkr' as you
> > > suggested.  Afterwards I still can't hear the bell.  ???
> >
> > "modprobe pcspkr" @ the cmd line (as root). Will you hear the beep then?
> > If yes, put it into rc.modules to make it survive a reboot.
> --
> Ted Gervais
> Coldbrook, Nova Scotia
> Canada.

I may be misunderstanding... Did modprobe pcspkr cause the bell to
work?  If not, make sure the PC Speaker volume is turned up and not
muted in the mixer.  I use alsamixer to unmute the channels.

/etc/rc.d/rc.local is another place to put the modprobe command, but you
risk an update overwriting that file.

Bob...