dlink dwl-650

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Jun 22 18:28:53 UTC 2004

lists at desk003.com wrote:
> I'm a newbie to linux, and would like to find out how to use my Dlink Dwl-650
> wifi card. I hope someone can help :)

It really depends on WHICH DWL-650 you have.  There are at least three
versions.  The original is based on the Intersil chipset and should work
with the wavelan_cs driver.  The other versions are based on the TI
chipset and there are issues with any driver.  There are some
open-source drivers that I've heard will work.  The one that really
works well is ndiswrapper (ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net).  It's a
wrapper that allows the Windows drivers to work under Linux.
-  Animal testing is futile.  They always get nervous and give the   -
-                             wrong answers                          -