Ctrl G doesn't sound the bell in FC2

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Tue Jun 22 18:40:22 UTC 2004

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, M3 Freak wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 10:52, Colin Paul Adams wrote:
> > I'm a bit puzzled about this rc.modules bit.
> > There ISN'T one on my system
> > There's an /etc/modprobe.conf and an /etc/modules.conf.
> >
> > I've put it in the former (but I've no intention of re-booting just to
> > test it out).
>
> You could use /etc/rc.local.

The reason for /etc/rc.modules is that /etc/rc.local is executed last in
the boot sequence (after all run-level startup scripts), so if any
services require modules to be loaded beforehand, they are out of luck.
OTOH, /etc/rc.modules is executed early in the boot process (before
run-level startups).

The reason /etc/rc.modules doesn't exist by default is that there is
nothing in the default installation that requires it.  (But maybe putting
an empty one in place would not be a bad idea.)

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu