can not access the internet

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Tue Jun 22 21:41:48 UTC 2004

Nina Pham wrote/ha scritto, On/il 22/06/2004 23:21:

> Hi I built a linux dialup server. From my pc, I successfully dial in,
> I can browse the file from my home directory, but I can't ping or
> access internet, even though I can do all that from the linux box.
> What are the possibilities cause of that beside the firewall since I
> already checks the firewall and it ought to work with my current
> rules. Thanks
>
> Nina

1)You have to set your etc/sysctl.conf file as follows:

kernel.sysrq=0
net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter=1
kernel.core_uses_pid=1

then you reboot and the machine will act as a router.
But how did you manage the NAT in your iptables rules??
You have the Gateway definition in any Windows machine under the network adapter properties....
--

 Antonio Montagnani

 Working with  Mozilla 1.6 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 2