problems with mail (FIXED)

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Jun 22 22:00:13 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 22.06.2004 schrieb Jeff Vian um 23:05:

> I hate replying to myself. ;-)
>
> I made one more attempt, and did a delete of both sendmail and
> sendmail-cf packages.
> I reinstalled them both and rebuilt the sendmail.cf file for my site
> from scratch. Then sendmail started working properly.
>
> As I figured, it was a borked config, but apparently it was in the
> sendmail-cf package and not in sendmail as I originally thought.  Go
> figure.
>
> Thanks for the clues Alexander.

Sorry Jeff that I overlooked your 2 postings in this thread from the
past couple hours. But glad that you found the trouble maker! :)

Btw. from your given logfile snipplets it seems that the submit.cf was
broken in some way.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435
Serendipity 23:57:53 up 3 days, 5:45, load average: 0.24, 0.44, 0.42