FC2 doubtful quality?

Don Dupy fedora at maxxrad.net
Wed Jun 23 04:01:26 UTC 2004

I started using Linux as of RH 7.1
I have stuck with RH all the way.
I tried Slackware a couple of times, but RH has it beat for useability
"out of the box". I always went back.
We use Slackware @ work on every server (about 16 of em). It's the Admin's
preference. He used to be a RH man, but he didn't like the way RH was
changing it's OS around every release. (or something like that). So, he is
strictly Slackware now.

I still feel that anyone who wants to try linux, try Fedora.
It's very forgiving, and it was made for a newbie to install, and it can
be used for server duty, or whatever you like.
as I stated earlier, FC2 still makes me nervous, so I will use FC1.....
for now.

There are pros and cons on the whole direction RH went when it split into
RH enterprise and Fedora. I was sore about it at first, but now I have
used FC and gotten help from all you wonderful people, I stand firm on
this product and it's support. My biggest complaint about FC is MY lack of
knowledge about linux. If I knew how to do it, I am sure I can make it
work. If I don't know, I ask or search for answers.

I wish I could offer more help, but I still consider myself a novice at
best. But I will give help whenever I can. I know the help is there for
me, and that makes me sleep easy at night. I am very proud of what i have
accomplished to date. I couldn't have done it without RH and you people.

Don Dupy
Systems Administrator
Maxxrad PC Services
http://www.maxxrad.net