[FC2] - AVM Fritz card not recognized

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at web.de
Wed Jun 23 08:01:44 UTC 2004

Hi Antonio, Hi Alexander,

Am Mo, den 21.06.2004 schrieb Alexander Dalloz um 22:05:
> Am Mo, den 21.06.2004 schrieb antonio montagnani um 21:48:
>
> > I deleted AVM Fritz card from system-config-network and rebooted.

But you did not configure a new isdn device as I told you!?
system-config-network -> Hardware -> New -> ... This should add the
correct values to /etc/sysconfig/isdncard:

$ cat /etc/sysconfig/isdncard
RESOURCES='protocol=2 type=27 id=HiSax'
NAME='AVM PCI (Fritz!PCI)'
MODULE=hisax
VENDOR_ID=1244
FIRMWARE=

> > I do not see any eth2 (I have already two ethernet cards in
> > modprobe.conf... and I do not see any alias eth2 hisax...
> > alias eth0 ne2k-pci
> > alias eth1 ne2k-pci
> > #alias eth2 hisax (it was commented after upgrade from FC1 to FC2 as it
> > was not working any way..even with uncommented no hisax module loaded
> >
> > and no hisax module loaded if I play with lsmod...

It's loaded by /etc/init.d/isdn. Therefore the card has to be properly
configured in /etc/sysconfig/isdncard.

> >  Antonio Montagnani
>
> And what happens if you run "service isdn start"?

GOOD Question! :-)

> You might add
>
> alias char-major-43 hisax
> alias char-major-44 hisax
> alias char-major-45 hisax
>
> to /etc/modprobe.conf, but should not be necessary.

Correct, because "service isdn start" will do this.

> Alexander

Christoph