gnome read-only folder notification

Philippe phd2 at fcomfrench.com
Wed Jun 23 08:03:39 UTC 2004

Hi,

I don't know if this is a Fedora/Gnome bug or not, and if anybody else
has the same problem ... before opening a bug if necessary.

I change the permissions of a folder to 555 (read only). The folder look
changes with a STOP signal on it. Perfect.

Now, I move in the read-only directory, and I change the permissions of
one its folder to 555. No change on the icon.

Does it means that we should assume that we know already that the
parent-folder is read-only ? Or is it a real bug ?

Sorry if this question is a little bit off-topic, but I am on Fedora 2
by the way.

Thanks for any information.

Philippe, Chiangmai, Thailand.