Selecting Indiviual Packages during install

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Wed Jun 23 12:38:42 UTC 2004

ne... wrote:

>On Jun 23, 2004 at 11:43, Neil Marjoram in a soothing rage wrote:
>

>>Can anyone tell me how to select individual packages during an install?
>>

>kickstart.
>

>>On RH 9 there used to be an option to be able to display all packages
>>and select the one you needed, now it seems this option has been dropped
>>so I am only able to choose those packages that are available in the
>>software groups. I've tried text and expert installations but they are
>>the same.
>>

>As you have found out, that option is now gone. I think if
>you do the custom install, you can choose some additional
>rpms but the choice is somewhat limited.
>
>N.Emile...

IMHO The choice is not limited, and the option is not gone, merely a
different approach to the task.

A custom install gives the option to select/deselect a category then
within that category select/deselect individual packages.

Also, when the install is complete you have the option to install other
packages from CD before you exit the install process.