Speedtouch 330 USB ADSL

Mike Lurk mike.lurk at sympatico.ca
Wed Jun 23 17:26:46 UTC 2004

Hi

I am currently still using FC1 with no problems at all.  I would like
move up to FC2, but have found all the documentation saying my Alcatel
Speedtouch 330 USB ADSL modem will not work.  Has anyone any experience
of success with this modem and FC2?  I installed it on FC1 using the
intructions at http://speedtouchconf.sourceforge.net, and it works very
well, but apparently their scripts do not work on FC2 (i.e. kernel
2.6xxx and above).

:-(

Thanks

Andy

Alcatel SpeedTouch USB Modem - Linux Configuration
Having written a short script to configure the Alcatel USB Modem under
Linux, I've had a few people contact me about it, so here's a
SourceForge page for it.
This project is complementary to the SpeedTouch.SourceForge.Net project,
but is not directly related to it, and the SpeedTouchConf project should
not be confused with the SpeedTouch project.
Linux Kernel 2.6 contains a driver (speedtch) for the speedtouch modem -
I have not tested its stability, or compatability with SMP (multi-
processor) systems. The speedtouch driver unloads the 2.6 speedtch
module if found, as the two are incompatible. This driver's
compatability with 2.6 is still under test.

20 June 2004: the 19-June-2004 release has been confirmed with Fedora
Core 2 and SuSE 9.1

That is straight from their website as of today.

Mike